Founded in 1852, the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) represents more than 140,000 members of the civil engineering profession worldwide, and is America’s oldest national engineering society.
About ASCE UPR-Mayaguez
The student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) at University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez is a student-run organization which provides, to over 200 student members, diverse opportunities of professional development through events held during the academic year. Our chapter is dedicated to provide our members with professional networking, enrichment seminars, and on the job projects which promotes students to put technical knowledge to use. Throughout our activities we look to connect high school students, undergraduate students, and professionals.
Our organization objectives for this academic year are as follow bellow:
- Increase the number of members actively involved on the chapter’s activities.
- Expand students’ professional opportunities through workshops and seminars. Provide our members with the necessary tools for graduate studies or fieldwork after graduation.
- Challenge the members’ knowledge and creativity with engineering competitions.
- Attract new students to the civil engineering field.
- Expand academic network among students, professors, and professionals.
Be a part of the team that makes a change. By applying engineering knowledge, help be responsible for helping communities and/or people in need. Learn the importance of teamwork, develop skills, implement values, and become a better person.
Be the face of ASCE UPRM and the Civil Engineering Department. Visit different schools all around PR providing orientations and activities related to Engineering. Let everyone know what we Civil Engineers can do!
Be a leader and join the team responsible for helping with the planning, organization and implementation of activities during the academic year.